The Van den Brink Spring Residency is awarded to a second year Visual Arts student (or past graduate of 3 years or less) who is strongly self-motivated, shows creativity and who fosters community spirit.
The Summer Residency is awarded to a student in the Visual Arts Program who is strongly self-motivated, shows creativity and who fosters community spirit. The Visual Arts Department provides studio space and a faculty advisor through an Independent Study course.
The Summer Residency takes place annually in the Spring (May and June), and will conclude with an exhibition of work made during the Residency. This Exhibition will take place end of June.
1. The award applicant is required to submit a Letter of Intent and a Portfolio supporting the Letter.
2. The applicant is also required to make a separate application as an Independent Study (Some media restrictions apply. Please see the Chair of Visual Arts for further information). The Independent Study Application takes the form of a Project Proposal. Please see the Chair of Visual Arts for further information.
A portion of the Award will go directly to the Independent Study course fee. The remainder will be used by the Recipient for supplies and material related to the Spring Residency.
- 2009 Ellen Munro Russell (Mixed Media)
- 2010 Sarah Stein (Mixed Media)
- 2011 Willie Seo & Shea Hermanson (Animation)
- 2012 Willie Seo & Shea Hermanson (Mixed Media)
- 2013 Benjamin Plante (Animation)